Thursday, September 3, 2009



Show Us Your School Pictures Friday!


Here I am in second grade in the fall of 1963 - the year President Kennedy was assassinated. I first got the news in the girls' bathroom from a fourth grader. It was hard for the teachers to get through the rest of the afternoon. At my little country school two grades shared a classroom. I loved it.












Here I am again, same school, 6th grade. I love this one because everybody looks almost angry or at the very least, annoyed. I wonder what that photographer said to us. I'm the one wearing the fetching white bobby socks standing next to the teacher, a lovely woman who taught us how to square dance.




Two shots from my senior year, one that was in the yearbook of Cheryl and me looking bored, (or maybe again, annoyed) and my senior ID. I can't believe that we wore halter tops for these pictures, but we did! We knew they wouldn't be in the yearbook but only on our cards, so I guess we thought we were being wild. Hey, it was the 70's.













6 comments:

SarahMerritt said...

OMG how cute are you! Those pictures were so cute!
Sarah

Bernie said...

These pictures are great! Thank you for sharing them.

Bernie

Stormy said...

If you look in my yearbook, I think you would find a similar photo of me! As for the halter top - yes, it was the 70s!

Bridgette said...

LOVE the pictures! Thanks for sharing!!!

Claire said...

I love that yearbook pic!

Cxx

Unknown said...

You know what?? The kids do the same thing today!...scimpin' for the school ID, knowing it won't be in the yearbook. But now, it shows up on the computer too (STI). I think a few have been asked to do a re-take...but they still have their sexy ID!