Sunday, February 7, 2010


Just a short little something to let you know we're still out here livin' the dream. This upcoming week will be the last of my high school English teaching gig. The maternity leave is over and I'll be looking for other ways to amuse myself. Bob and I chaperoned the snowcoming dance last night at the high school. Here I am pretending that I don't know who these two cats are, but I really do. The theme for the dance was something about Hollywood and they had a red carpet at the door and walk of fame stars with the names of student council members on them positioned in the hallway. Bob and I were in charge of monitoring the hallway (as dancers made MANY trips from the cafeteria to the bathroom and drinking fountain) and we were supposed to take pictures of the kids with these cutout stars. But nobody seemed too interested in paying two bucks for a picture. They're going to raffle them off this week, so that might bring in some money. They did have a huge turnout for the dance. Here's Bob, also posing.






Rob turned twenty-one of the 30th of January. On the 29th we attended the Ducks Unlimted sportsman raffle night at the fairgrounds, where Rob worked one of the booths, taking tickets for some wonderful gun. I can't believe he's twenty-one. We will be celebrating this milestone this coming weekend when we (Bob, Rob, Candace, Lindsey, Brent, Lori, Dan, and I) all travel to Las Vegas for Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend. We're looking forward to it.






There's nothing like blooming bulbs to add some color to winter. I promise to get back to better blogging next week. And, P.S., Hickory Hill Hans did not budge from his cozy hole on the 2nd, but then again, why should he? There's no pressure here in the Hickory Hill Hood - no paparazzi. Sleep on Hans!

No comments: