Monday, August 2, 2010

This and That: A Catching Up Post. I realized last week that I did not mention to you, blog-readers, that Bob made a trip to Turkey in June. He went over to check on a paper problem and he was in Istanbul and Ankara. Bob said the food was good and the Turkish people were very accommodating. But, FYI, if you're ever over there printing textbooks for their government, you might want to know that they are very serious about the correct color of the Turkish flag.





This is a cake that I baked to celebrate Landon's half-birthday, because last December there was so much going on at the Kutscher house, the special day just didn't get the celebration it merited. For those of you who might not recognize these characters, they're Otis and Maddy from "Back to the Barnyard." Otis is a man-cow, but for some reason, he sports a nice set of udders. I don't understand why that is, so I just went with an Otis bust. (which is pretty masculine)


Sung to the tune of "I've been Workin' on the Railroad"
"Bob's been workin' on my backsplash
All the live long day."
And that's all I've got , so far.
READING: Last week, I finished up Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay, which is the Book Babes' next discussion book. This week, I 'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Recipe of the Week:
I made these deviled eggs yesterday and, at first, I didn't think I cared for them that much, but after they had set covered in the fridge for a while, I realized that - yes, yes I did like them and so did Bob. Here's the recipe:

Savory Deviled Eggs
6 hard cooked eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
From the Old Farmer's Almanac: If you receive a bag of walnuts, your wishes will come true.

No comments: