Sunday, March 9, 2008


Week in Review: Tuesday Club met this week. I was in charge of dessert. I subbed two days and read two books for my 20th Century American Fiction class. That's about it, I guess. Here's a picture of Landon and Stella celebrating St. Patrick's Day last year. Next week I'll post a current photo of the two. (It's getting harder to get them both to cooperate).

I think Hickory Hill Hans missed the call on Groundhog's Day. Is it ever going to stop snowing? Listen to me whine. Of course it is! I decided, enough was enough. I put the Brad Miller Snowman back in the basement (as if it is to blame for wreaking weather havoc across the United States) and then I harvested some pussy willow. That's right - I'm moving forward with spring.








NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! When I heard the news I rended my garments...... I rent my garments? I did some garment rending in anguish and despair.





Sunday Night Candlelight Supper: Stormy came over and ate with us. We had salmon with lime butter and dill, potatoes lorraine, the dried cherry/walnut salad with maple dressing, and for dessert, creme brulee. (I had leftover whipping cream from Tuesday Club and I didn't want it to go to waste, but I'll let up on the creme brulee for awhile now) Here's the recipe for the potatoes lorraine:
Potatoes Lorraine
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 large potatoes; cooked with the peelings on and then cooled
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
paprika
Combine eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Grate the cooled potatoes and measure three cups. Stir grated potatoes into egg mixture; add onion, half of the cheese and half of the bacon. Spoon mixture into greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the top with paprika. Bake at 250 degrees for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top and put back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
If you're an ant and you're walking along across the top of pudding, you probably have no idea that the only thing between you and disaster is the strength of that pudding skin
Jack Handy

1 comment:

LoKo90 said...

I'll never get tired of reading your blog! It's part of my weekly entertainment schedule!