Monday, June 15, 2009

After much research, well, not much... some, after some research, Bob and I have decided that the most bathingest bird on the block is the American Robin. Every time I look out into the backyard, there's a robin sloshing about in the birdbath. In fact, Bob insists that recently, while mowing, he was harassed by a couple of robins who wanted fresh water added to the bath. Do they just like water or are they trying to keep their orange chests nice and bright? We may never know. Second place in the bird-bathing competition goes to the always-pushy, but also body-conscious blue jay.



Bob and I spent the weekend in Effingham. We went to my nephew, Kyle's wedding in Shelbyville on Saturday afternoon, and then down to my brother's house in Hord for a cookout that night. My sister-in-law, Conni dug up two boxes of perennials, including some great daylillies for me to bring back and add to my own collection. We also got to spend some time with the toddler formerly known as the cutest baby in Springfield, Landon Kutscher, who is a very big Uncle Bob fan. On Sunday, we visited with Bob's mom and dad. We did not get home until late Sunday night, and that is why the blog is late.




Here are a couple of pics from the wedding:


Conni, Landon, (with blue cupcake), me, and Megan


Aunt Kae, Lindsey, and Baleigh at the reception

Are you wondering why there are no men in these pictures? At about the same time these photos were take, the deejay announced that a Bonneville was blocking a service entrance road and almost every man at the reception got up and went outside to check and see if it was his Bonneville. Men. They're hard to keep track of unless you can hold them on your lap.



On the drive to Effingham, Bob and I had a discussion about music. I asked him to name the greatest rock song of all time and he said it was Free Bird, by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I told him I thought it was Layla. Bob said it couldn't possibly be Layla because the ending was too long and repetitive. And the ending of Free Bird is not?????????

Please leave your comment. What do you think IS the greatest rock song of all time???




"I think we should let kids play around in those big underground catacombs they have because, to an adult, a skull is just a skull, but to a kid, it's a truck or a boat, or anything his little imagination can come up with." Jack Handey

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Have to go with Dad on this one...Free Bird.

Unknown said...

Dan - "Misty Mountain Hop" by Led Zeppelin.

Lori - "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynard Skynard.

Kaid - "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin

Baleigh - "I don't know!"

Unknown said...

If I was supposed to choose between Free Bird and Layla...Free Bird.

Megan said...

I know I'm late chiming in on this, but I'm voting for Free Bird. Chad, however, was mystified that no one has voted for Stairway to Heaven.

adam.smith said...

Stairway to Heaven

or

Bohemian Rhapsody

that is all

Bob and LouAnne said...

ADDIE!!!!!!

So good to hear from you!!