Sunday, June 28, 2009


So, we had tickets to the Saturday afternoon Cardinals/Twins game at Busch stadium in St. Louis. We, being thirteen members of my family, because my brother, Jeff, ( number 14) stayed at home as they are so behind in the planting. The temperature at the stadium was 99 degrees. Our group included a two-year-old, a queasy pregnant woman, and two 70-ish ladies. Did we have fun? Well, let's just say we were committed to following through on it. And the Cardinals won and Albert Pujols hit two home runs and my favorite player, Yadier Molina bulldozed this runner at home plate and got him out, and we all lived through it and not one of us fell out of our seats during the singing of the national anthem (which really happened there on Friday night) so we considered the whole thing a success. Here we are after the game, looking a little rough, and any money in our pockets was moist money, very moist.

Since there was such an overwhelming response to my query a couple of weeks ago about the best rock and roll song of all time, a-hum, I thought I would pose another question to blog readers. Which product brands do you buy faithfully? I'm talking about brands that you are so loyal to, that you would refuse any substitute, even if it was given to you free of charge. Here are mine:






Heinz Ketchup
Jif Peanut Butter
Kraft Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise
Tide
Oscar Mayer Bacon
Duncan Hines Cake Mix


I'm sure there are more, but these are certainly critical ones. What are yours?



Getting ready for the One Room Schoolhouse Camp tomorrow. I was there this evening, writing spelling words on the blackboards and I took this picture of some cornhusk dolls and twig stars that Debbie and I stuck on these small trees, just for fun. We used these trees at a Halloween event a couple of years ago, and certainly have got a lot of mileage out of them.





"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." Jack Handey

3 comments:

Megan said...

Brands I'm faithful to 100%:
Downy, Pledge, Lipton Iced Tea
and when Landon was little, Gerber.
I have to put Bud-Light on too. We may forfeit taste for cheap rum sometimes but we don't budge on our beer. Although some, (ah-hum, Michael) think that Bud-Light is cheap beer. We take our cleaning and drinking seriously at our house I guess. ;)And I'm with ya on the Heinz ketchup. I may venture to add Kraft Salad Dressings to the condiment faithful list also.

Dena's Blog said...

Brands I won't substitute for are: Prairie Farms milk & cottage cheese, Marzetti Blue Cheese dressing, KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and Andria's steak sauce. By the way, I didn't get my comment in earlier about the best all-time rock song so my pick is Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. How about those Cardinals...they pulled one out last night!

ashley said...

i'm finally confessing....i didn't pick one of the rock songs as my fav....b/c i wasn't sure i knew either one :/

i do have a strong opinion on my brands. i'm fairly guilty of being a name-brand snob. i'm pretty much convinced that you CAN tell a difference in generic (although maybe it's all in my head). i will always, always, always buy jiff pb, kraft cheese, and...that's all i can think of off the top of my head :)