Sunday, July 19, 2009

Please pray for our beloved little Landon Kutscher, as he will have one of his kidneys removed on Tuesday morning in St. Louis. Last week, a 5cm tumor was discovered on the kidney. They will remove it and analyze it immediately to find out if it is cancerous, and then proceed from there. We are all very hopeful.


This news has been first and foremost in our thoughts this week. We did get the big tree down. I made a trip to the Shipshewana Flea Market, in an effort to avoid the whole thing. (Also, I got stopped for speeding on the way, but don't worry, just a warning ticket. The officer asked me where I was going in such a hurry, "umm to the flea market, sir"). Anyway, I still did not manage to escape the tree chopping extravaganza. As I turned the corner on Hickory Hill Drive, I noted that the air was heavy with testosterone, and that the mighty trunk still stood. Oh, the men that were in my yard - crane men, tree cutting men, my men, old men, neighbor men, and boys on bikes. How they love watching a big one come down. The boys counted nearly two-hundred rings on the oak.









Recipe of the Week: I was in charge of the cookie table at church today. I made chocolate chip cookies, and these cream cheese sugar cookies and Reese's peanut butter cookies shown here. The recipe for the sugar cookies can be found in the November 2007 posts. Here's the recipe for the peanut butter cup cookies:



Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 & 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon soda
1 pkg small Reese's peanut butter cups



Mix all the ingredients, except the peanut butter cups. Form dough into 1 inch balls and place in ungreased mini muffin pans. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place a peanut butter cup into each cookie. Yields 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am praying for Landon!

adam.smith said...

i have my own blog...

djslobot.blogspot.com