Sunday, May 30, 2010



All these buggies parked around the baseball diamond can only mean one thing: 8th grade graduation! It was really hot on Friday afternoon, but I did walk out to take this picture, which is not very good, because I needed a wide-angle lens, and maybe, also to walk out by the road to get a better view, but, like I said, it was really hot.


School is over and I have a week off before I start teaching summer school. Here is a list of most-often-asked questions posed to me, in an effort to divert my attention from poetry:


Mrs. Pillers....


1. What do you drive?

2. Are you married?

3. Do you like football?

4. Do you like Led Zeppelin?

5. Did you watch Glee last night?

6. There's a test today? What? Are you freaking kidding me right now?

7. Are you a tea drinker, because I can picture you sipping tea

8. Do you drink?

9. Do you think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone?



We took the May Queen and her husband to dinner Saturday night to celebrate her 27th birthday. We went to Oceanaire, downtown, Indianapolis. The food was wonderful, as usual, and Brent overheard a conversation among the staff about the Andretti party. We weren't sure if they were there Saturday night in a private room, or were going to eat there on Sunday. Anyway, we didn't see any Andretti's. We came back home and enjoyed the Dairy Queen cake that Brent purchased for the occasion. Here's a picture of the May Queen, just before she left to pick up her Race Day lunches at Marsh. They were seated at turn four for today's Indianapolis 500.


1 comment:

Megan said...

What else could several buggies in a parking lot mean other than 8th grade graduation?! :) Love your distraction questions too...kids get quite craftier at this from first to eighth grade. :) Usually I get to hear, "Hey, Mrs. Kutscher, wanna hear a joke I made up?" and it doesn't make any sense. I'm sure all efforts have the same end result though.