Sunday, May 23, 2010

I've been dealing with a health issue for the last month, but some out-patient surgery last Saturday, has remedied my problem, and I am on my way back. But, I've still been teaching full-time and tutoring two nights and week and TRYING to teach aerobics, so it's been draining, not that I'm whining, mind you, well, perhaps it might sound like I'm whining. Yes, it definitely sounds like whining when you read it back.



To make me feel better, my lovely, charming, (and generous) daughter treated me to a facial on Saturday morning. She had the deep tissue massage. After our spa time, we had lunch and then she went on to Becca's surprise bridal shower and I went home and took a nap (which I've been doing a lot of lately).




One of my sophomore students works at a place called Mr. Ed's in Topeka. ( I mentioned it a few weeks back) and he insisted that we come in on a Saturday night when they are serving prime rib. So, on Saturday evening, Bob and I went over to the art show at West Noble High School, then drove to Mr. Ed's. I ordered the baby cut and Bob got the queen, which he estimated to be about a pound and a half of meat. We couldn't believe it. We had it for supper again tonight. It was delicious and my baby cut (probably one pound) was $15.99. We recommend it if you happen to be in the mood for a big hunk of meat.




And, just for the heck of it....... I was taking pictures of the Spring Fling for the yearbook and caught this kid in his volleyball costume. The head looked to be fashioned out of paper mache. He also has a cape. I didn't get it, but I liked it. Crazy kids!

No comments: