Sunday, October 24, 2010

"I saw three ships in my backyard
On Saturday,
On Saturday.
I saw three ships in my backyard,
On Saturday in the morning."















Okay, clearly, one of these ships is in the front yard, but that would ruin the song.



Rob, my little ginger snap,







SELL...A...SHIP!









Ah, oak leaves and acorns.








My Disturbing Breakfast Story: Last Friday morning, at 8:15 AM, I watched a high school student pull from her book bag, a spoon and a can of Betty Crocker frosting. And she commenced to eating it right there. Was that breakfast, you think? I looked on slack-jawed (kind of like when I saw those little bitty girls eating the broccoli in Wal-mart) Fortunately, I was behind her and she didn't see my shocked expression. Oh, it's not that I'm some kind of food-pyramid fanatic. I've been known to spoon a little of the frosting myself. Only, I would do in my pantry - with the light out- and the door closed. What was she thinking? Later I thought, well, maybe she needed that sugar boost, you know a low blood count. And if that was the case, I humbly apologize. But, I'm really thinking that wasn't it at all. It was breakfast.




My mother-in-law, Darlene sent me this cookie recipe via Facebook. I made them today and they're very interesting, crunchy and tender, a lot going on here. I liked them. You might want to give them a try:

Grammy's Cookies

3/4 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup salted sunflower seeds

Combine ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments: