Sunday, June 8, 2008

Week in Review:

No Triple Crown
For Big Brown.
New York was hot
And he did not.........

Want to run.








Stormy had her moving sale on Saturday. She sold a lot of great stuff for peanuts. I helped her or rather, hung out with her, until I had to go get my hair cut at 12:15. I got some good buys myself - a fertilizer spreader (which I think will make a very nice anniversary gift for Brent and Lindsey) a jelly cupboard, a big stone crock, some wooden British soldiers, and an old Schwinn bike. Here's a picture of Stormy demonstrating her quality products and trying to bring in some business. She let that ladder go for ten bucks!! On Sunday evening, we went to see Sex and the City. I hadn't seen a movie at the theatre since Ratatouille, and that was almost a year ago. It was nice to see the Sex and the City girls again, but really, the movie was pretty lame. Big couldn't get out of the car and go through with the wedding ceremony???? Please. The best, and most believable part, was when they were in the street and Carrie beat him over the head with her bouquet and Charlotte screamed at him like a banshee.


From the Archives: From about ten years ago, this is Bob pretending to be the escaped gorilla at the Bubble Room on Captiva Island. Love those Carolina Moons and that Key Lime pie.







"I hope you're not going to spoil things with lower-middle class humor."
Hyacinth Bucket









Recipe of the Week:
I catered a luncheon on Sunday afternoon and for dessert I made two Pavlovas and some brownies. I wanted to find a really good brownie recipe, so I looked to the Internet for help. This recipe came from the About.com website, and these "ultimate brownies" are definitely winners. The recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar and 5 eggs! I promise that you will LOVE these brownies, and do remember, as noted before, to toast your walnuts.



The Ultimate Brownie

8 -1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
5 eggs
3 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans (TOASTED)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 inch pan.
Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at high speed for ten minutes. Blend in melted chocolate, flour, and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (Don't overbake)




"If doctors ever tell you that you've 'flipped out,' don't believe them, and just keep on doing whatever you were doing, because something tells me 'The Man' is behind this." Jack Handey

2 comments:

ashley said...

love the pictures this week! :)

Rachel said...

Yum...I have been craving brownies so I may have to make these soon!