Sunday, April 12, 2009


This is going to be a mini-posting, as I'm working on a poetry unit and it's getting pretty late and I'm a little stressed out because I have a meeting every night this week except Friday. I wonder if I'll make it to all of them? We'll see. We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Lindsey and Brent came up on Saturday and we painted eggs. Oh, and Bob and I purchased a new front door at the Emma Warehouse for forty dollars! (TET)


Here's a picture of the kids after church on Sunday morning. Lindsey has on a great new dress and Brent looked really good in his new lavender shirt. I wore the same suit that I wore last year, because of TET and everything. You can scroll back to 2008 and look at it, if you want. Here's Lindsey and our adorable granddog, Bonnie the Barbarian. In the first thirty minutes of her visit she managed to turn over the Easter baskets, and roll up all the rugs. She also molested some precious bunnies that I made 26 years ago. We just love her. She's such a little dickens.









Here are the eggs we colored. Notice that we refused to color any of them yellow, pink or red. I don't know why we did that - we just did.







And, here's an Easter Dinner picture. We're done eating and Nick and Stormy and Brent and Lindsey are looking at each others' travel photos. We enjoyed our traditional meal of Honey Baked Ham, cheesy potatoes, asparagus, Melt in your mouth yeast rolls, and the strawberry-spinach salad. For dessert - carrot cake and three-day coconut cake. On the table is this great book that Stormy brought me - Chef Daniel Boulud: Cooking in New York City. That would be Chef Daniel of the restaurant, Daniel. Look for some of his recipes on the blog - but not this week.
"Nobody gets to run the mill by doing run-of-the-mill work." Thomas J. Frye










No comments: