Sunday, April 5, 2009

I've been pretty busy, settling in with 8th grade and The Outsiders and To Kill A Mockingbird and everything. This coming week we're on spring break, so I'll be cleaning my house and getting ready for Easter company. Cindy gave me this big glass bowl of Dove chocolate eggs for my birthday. The number of eggs in the bowl seems to be decreasing. Somebody's taking one out every time he passes by the bowl. I think it might be Bob.

You remember those deer that I kept alive through the long winter here on the snow-covered tundra by trudging out to the bird feeders every night and leaving multiple ears of corn? Those deer? They have eaten every single tulip I have.






From The Archives: 1987 - Lindsey and Alf ready for church on Easter morning.















A special Easter message from Cartoon Maddie, Stella, Bonnie the Barbarian, and Little Roxanne.



Recipe of the Week: This strawberry spinach salad has become a traditional dish at Easter dinner. We're looking forward to serving it next Sunday to Lindsey & Brent, and Nick and Stormy, who will be coming from Pennsylvania to celebrate the holiday with us.


Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sweet & Sour Vinaigrette

Dressing
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salad
1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
For dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss.

"Just as bees will swarm about to protect their nest, so will I 'swarm about' to protect my nest of chocolate eggs." Jack Handey

No comments: