Monday, October 5, 2009


Acorns in my driveway
Big wind knocked them down.
Make the squirrels step lively
They poke them in the ground.
They stick them in my flower pots
And in my flower bed.
We've got a bumper crop this year
So, watch out for your head.


I wrote this little song after a big storm blew all these acorns down. It's a country song. It's too bad that you can't hear me singing it for you, because trust me, it's a great song and it's got one of those tunes that you just cannot get out of your head.



The 24th annual Apple Festival of Kendallville is history. Bob and I both worked the information booth on Saturday and I helped out at the gates on Sunday - same thing I did last year, except, I also did a shift selling tokens in the ticket booth in the children's area. A damp and dismal Saturday kept the crowds down a bit, but people came out on Sunday, and Miss America was here. She performed twice in Raise a Ruckus on both days. Here's a picture that Rick took of Bob and me after our information booth shift ended Saturday morning. Or rather, it's a picture of Bob and the picture of Miss America. Very funny, Rick. I hope you know you might be jeopardizing your seat at my big new dining room table. And speaking of that dining room, great strides were made this past week, in spite of the rainy days. The walls are up and I believe drywalling will begin tomorrow. Today we got a new roof and a new skylight. I'll post some of those pictures next week.


Stormy and Nick are in Paris with Emmet and Emily - Bonjour Stormy, I know you'll be checking this. Try not to lick the delicious French sauces off your plate while you're over there. I won't have them thinking you're one of those ugly Americans.





Congratulations to our mom, Darlene, who won the Illinois State Senior golf tournament in her division. Go Darlene. We're proud of you.




















No comments: