Thursday, October 22, 2009


Autumn on Hickory Hill Drive

We make these topiaries - one on each side of the driveway - every fall. My husband drills a hole in each end and drives a metal post or dowel rod down through the pumpkins and through the hole in the bottom of the pot. Wrap bittersweet around the pumpkins and, voila.










Cornstalks, pumpkins, and mums, oh my!














And, of course The Autumnal Spider

















Bittersweet on the lights.....

















...and on the coffee table too.











Burlap Pumpkin - please ignore the mess in the background, we're getting new siding.














And, bushel-basket pumpkin. We love autumn!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your fall decorations! The burlap pumpkin is just too cute!

♥ sarah said...

i love those pumpkin topiaries!!! how adorable! me and my hubby might have to try that! cute stuff! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Those decorations are so cute! I've never seen an autumnal spider or a the pumpkin made out of bushel baskets. Adorable!
pk @ Room Remix

Brooke said...

Really love your pumpkin spider and pumpkin topiary. Very clever!

Jessica said...

your decor is so cute!!!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Those are some of the cutest decorations I've seen. Such great ideas, I might have to borrow them!!

Liz Harrell said...

Fabulous! I'm loving the pumpkin spider!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Your decorations are so pretty! I love the pumpkin topiaries. They are wonderful! And I love how you tie everything together with the bittersweet! Thanks so much for sharing!! -April

Real Housewife of Broke County said...

The pumpkin spider is just adorable! I love your pumpkin topiaries. I really want to try and do that this weekend. We have a pumpkin patch that just marked all their pumpkins down to $2 each. I think I'll give it a try!