Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody out there in Blog Land. It's going to be a busy week around here. There's still much to be done in the new addition. Bob is on vacation and working to make it usable for our guests on Thanksgiving. Stormy and Nick (future grandparents of twin-Smithlings) will be joining us from Wilkes Barre and Brent and Lindsey will be coming up from Indy. I'm teaching second grade Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'm also subbing for a body toning class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Book Babes meet in Fort Wayne tomorrow night, and I've got pies to bake for church - plus our own personal pies. Oh, and I'm trying to schedule Salvation Army Bell Ringers. Oh, and there's Black Friday, of course. Enough already. We are thankful that we're busy. As you can see, the dogs are dressed for the occasion. Bonnie is, as you might predict, the savage.










The dining room table arrived late Friday afternoon. I'm displaying some lovely pumpkin and squash salt and pepper shakers that Cathy sent back from California with Bob. I know you can't see them, but trust me, they're great. Thanks Cathy. I love them. This tablecloth that Stormy gave me barely covers the ends, but it will work for our dinner this week. I'm thankful to have it too.










Maddie, the Amazing Barking Dog wants you to know there's another new CPA in town. On Wednesday, Rachel found out that she had passed her final exam. Congrats to you Rachel with a five woof salute from Maddie and the CPA song. (chorus sung to the tune of YMCA)





Now Rachel is A CPA
It's fun to be A CPA.
She can count all your stuff,
She can take you to lunch,
Just give her the numbers
You want her to crunch.
'Cause Rachel is A CPA,
Yes, she truly is A CPA.
Hmm, hmm, hmm,
and so on and so forth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovin' your new table and dining room!! and of course the drawings :)

Rachel said...

THANKS!! I love it!! I am so honored that Maddie composed a special salute for me!! You just made my day!
:-)