Tuesday, December 15, 2009


Book Babes of Kendallville break in new table and make merry at annual Christmas wing-ding. Yes, the Book Babes, sans Cindy and Paul, dined with us on Sunday evening. We ate a lot of food and then went around the table and reminisced about our most memorable Christmas gifts and we laughed quite a bit, and had a good time. Now, I know you're probably all sick and tired of reading about our new dining room, and I don't blame you a bit, so bear with me as I post two last pictures, because we got the granite countertop on Saturday and Bob put up the molding and trim. But after this we will speak of it no more.











I'm trying to recruit a few more Salvation Army Bell Ringers, as the kettle drive wraps up here on Christmas Eve. People have been very generous with their kettle contributions, in spite of TET (tough economic times, for those of you who are new to this blog). I've also done quite a bit of subbing and just signed a contract today to teach high school English while a teacher is on maternity leave. I'm looking forward to another go-round with To Kill a Mockingbird and some Dante's Inferno too. Here's the picture Bob took of me to show the school board. Of course, he cropped it, as we would not want those board members to see the hole in our basement ceiling. (Bob's misadventure of a couple weeks back - I don't believe I blogged about it then, but time heals both scraped legs and wounded pride.








I couldn't resist pilfering a couple of pictures from Megan's blog. Of course, you can always click on the Kutscher blog here and read about their adventures, but just in case you don't have time to do that: Here is Landon hugging one of his nurses after his LAST CHEMO TREATMENT. They gave him presents and sang to him - so very sweet. I love this picture, taken by his Grandma, Chris.









This other shot is of Landon holding his new baby brother Grant. Landon introduced his brother in a video clip on the blog. I also heard that he announced that he was giving Grant a toy to take home with him. Grandma Connie told Landon, "He is home. This is his home too," and Landon, with pensive face, said, "Oh."











Finally, and still on the subject of babies, future father of twins, Emmet, in Cleveland, practices being a fun dad. Hey Emmet, you may or may not know this, but you can also get Easter bunny ears for that thing.



No comments: