Sunday, May 17, 2009


The purple allium is putting on its show out in the front yard. I hope it is not affected by the cold weather we're expecting tonight - a possible freeze warning! We are pleased as punch to report that there are actual bluebirds living in our bluebird house!! Success! I've seen Mr. bluebird sitting on top of the house and also perched in the front, talking to someone else inside. Yesterday, I saw a squirrel climb the pole and stop to look inside. I bolted out the back door screaming "Git! Git! Git! at him. And, he got. I bet he's wondering why I turned on him.


We finished reading the Diary of Anne Frank play in language arts. Tomorrow, they'll be writing a literary response to the play in the computer lab. We've got a couple more things to do to wrap it all up, then we'll watch the movie on Thursday and Friday. Here is a picture of the cast from the 5th period class - the one with all the guys, who really embraced their roles as ladies. Great kids.
I know I haven't been posting any exciting recipes lately. Stormy is supposed to be sending me a great one for a chicken and spinach casserole, so I'm looking forward to getting that and trying it out and then, sharing it with all of you. Hopefully, I'll be a little more productive in the kitchen once the school year is over.
"If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness."
Jack Handey

No comments: