Sunday, May 3, 2009


You know, I'm just not in the mood to blog this week. Perhaps it's because last week was pretty crappy, plus, I'm spending all of my creative energy trying to come up with three lively weeks worth of Anne Frank activities. I will share this one anecdote from Thursday evening and then you'll know what kind of week I had.


8:20 pm - I take a bite out of a bacon/lettuce/tomato sandwich and my crown falls out. I'm talking about a tooth RIGHT IN THE FRONT!


8:22 pm - I start to melt down - I look at Bob and make those noises that Bonnie the Barbarian makes when she's frantically looking for someplace in the living room to bury somebody's sock.


8:25 pm - Call my dentist - he's not home. Call his brother, my other dentist - he's not home either. Call my neighbor, their hygienist/niece. She tells me to call dentist #2 again, because she's pretty sure he'll be home soon.


8:40 pm - Still calling and no answer. I leave a message


9:00 pm - I go into the bathroom and play around with the crown, trying to see if I can stick it in there with, oh, I don't know - gum. While I'm messing with it, I DROP IT DOWN THE DRAIN!


9:01 pm - I yell for Bob and tell him what I've done. He says "You didn't turn the water on after that did you?"


Yes! Yes, I did. I'm a total idiot and I thought to myself - "What should I do now that I've dropped this one thousand dollar crown down the drain? I know - I'll turn the water on full blast and blow it clean to the septic tank!"

9;15 pm - After much huffy and puffing, Bob takes off the pipe and gives me back the precious tooth.


9;30 - Still calling

9:45 - Still calling

10:00 - Still calling


Bob walks by and tells me, that, really, it's hardly noticeable.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


10:20 - Called the dentist again and HE'S HOME!

Add Image
He'll meet me at 7:00 AM at his office. (They're closed on Fridays, by the way)


I didn't have students until almost 10:00 AM the next day, so it all worked out, but it was stressful. Yeah, having all of my teeth - I'm kind of fussy about stuff like that.
I'll try to get to that tag list a little later this week.

2 comments:

ashley said...

if it makes you feel any better....i was watching rachael ray last monday and she's got some cooking challenge going on. wanna know the thought that kept poppin into my brain?! louanne pillers belongs here in the top four - and she would totally school all you fools in this contest!

i hope this week goes a little better! :)

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry you had a crappy week but I'm really glad you have all your teeth again. Hope this week is better! See ya Sunday.